What's your first step?
Growing as a follower of Jesus includes putting into practice the things you are learning
about him and from him.
What's your next step?
Worship is our response to who God is and what He’s done for us. When we worship God, we are transformed by God. Worshiping together strengthens and encourages us. Attending church every week is a great place to start.
Connect with God
In addition to praying and reading the Bible every day there are other practices you can explore to connect with God. Here are some practices and resources you can dive into in order to help you grow in this area.
- Discover how you best connect with God and be intentional about including this in your daily/weekly rhythms of living — Exercise: Spiritual Pathways Test (video)
- Use this Prayer Dashboard as a tool to guide your daily times of prayer — Prayer Dashboard by Andy Stanley (online video study)
- Practice the discipline of the Daily Office to have some set times throughout the day to spend time with God. A regular practice of the Daily Office helps you to pay attention to God throughout the entire day. The EHS Day by Day book is a great place to start with this practice. Watch this short video to learn more about it.
- The Good and Beautiful God by James Bryan Smith
- The Life You’ve Always Wanted by John Ortberg
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Day by Day by Pete Scazzero
- Spiritual Disciplines Handbook by Adele Ahlberg Calhoun
- Before Amen by Max Lucado (book and online video study)
- Practicing the Way Resources on Prayer
- Five Things God Uses to Grow Your Faith by Andy Stanley (online video study)
- Soul Keeping by John Ortberg (online video study)
- The Bible Project Podcast
Do Life Together
Tell Your One
The greatest act of love you can show toward a friend is to help that friend find Jesus. The best way to do that is to share Jesus’ story. Everyone knows someone who needs to know more.
Before we even decided to believe, He gave up His Son for us. Everything we have comes from God. So we can never give Him more than He has already given us. When we give, we are using our blessings to bless others so they can experience life with Him, too.